Tuesday, May 26, 2015

College Experience: First Day!

Hello all! I hope you are doing well. I'm still fighting my reading slump, but I'm here to talk about college experiences today!

Today, I started my very first college class. It's called Effective Speaking. The great part about this class is that there isn't going to be any tests or quizzes. :D But, the teacher did say, as a disclaimer, that there may be a pop quiz if the class isn't understanding something completely. I totally understand and respect that.

There's a total of ten students in the class (because it's a summer course), but only six of us showed up today. She straight up told us that those kids got are starting out with a zero. Sucks for them. We learned a little bit about what the class will entail, I can post a picture of my notes, if you would like. (I'll probably have them on my instagram anyway, so check there.)

We actually presented for the first time today as well. You should have seen some of the looks on my classmates' faces. But, I think everybody did a great job. She said we would be graded on it, but nobody has ever failed the first presentation. We basically introduced ourselves to the class. It was a lot easier than I expected.

My college, as I've mentioned in a previous post, has a lot of non-traditional students. So, as one would suspect, I was the youngest one there, being still in High School. But, there was one familiar face, which made me happy. At least, I'm pretty sure it's the same person. People change so much between fifth grade bus rides and college. ;)

Anyway, I was surprised at how much we jammed into the class. And it didn't seem to take forever and a day either. I was so intrigued, that I was actually surprised when the class was over. I'm excited to go back on Thursday!!!

I think the only other thing I want to say is that I'm expecting my #Sorcerer'sSatchel in the mail today. Check my Insta for a picture of how the finish product turned out! I got it from the etsy shop fanfash. I can't wait to see it!!

Well, that's it for today! I hope you're having a great day and I'll Type at you later!

Shea

No comments:

Post a Comment