Thursday, May 14, 2015

Bout of Books: Day 4: Challenge

Hello all (for my third post of the day!).

I am participating in the Day 5 Challenge for Bout of Books 13.0. Our challenge today is to give a book we believe will be a classic in 100 years and give two reasons why.

My choice for a modern book that I think will be a classic will always be Harry Potter. But, we have to pick a book published after 2005, and I don't think Harry Potter qualifies for that one. The book I've chosen is Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman.

Here's why:

In 100 years, I believe that our prison systems will be totally different than they are now. This will be a classic because historians will use this book to see how prison systems were "back in the day". It will be taught to kids in high schools, so they know what crime was like in our day and how they can avoid it.

Well, that's my entry. I hope you enjoyed!

Type at you later!

Shea

2 comments:

  1. Ah! Orange is the New Black is on my TBR - I love the shows and think I have to get into the book now. I agree that classics usually have to offer some sort of social commentary or have historical value to become part of the literate cannon, and OisNB seens to have this in spades! Hope the rest of your readathon goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually quite different from the show. But, is really good! And thanks, you too!!!

      Delete