Friday, May 22, 2015

Reading Slump and End of the School Year!

Hello all! I regret to inform you that I have fallen into a reading slump. With reading being one of my favorite hobbies, this is one of the most awful feelings in the world. To help me get out of my slump, I've been listening to audiobooks and reading John Green (Paper Towns, FTW!).

Anyway, I'm also at the tail end of my Senior Year of High School so I've got a butt ton of things to do. I graduate in 22 days and counting. But, because I am on homebound, my finals are going to be a little bit different. Basically, my final grade is going to be the average of all of my Test grades in some classes and then a modified final in others. Interestingly enough, I'll have only two finals that I actually write out this year. So, I'm not too stressed. But, I'm starting to get sad that my High School career is ending. But, I'm starting college before I even Graduate! I start college at a local satellite campus of a "pre-collage" (<- not sure why it's called this, because it is an actual college). It's about a 20/25 minute drive from my house, so I'm going to commute. And I'll live at home for the next two years, and won't have to live off of Ramen Noodles. :D

But, the cool thing about all of this is that I'll be able to go to any of the events on the main campus, because that's not too far away either (about an hour and a half drive, round trip). I'm really excited to get started on this new adventure. When people say that they are starting a new chapter in their life, I say I'm starting a whole new book. I say this because I've been through a lot of stuff in my short, eighteen-year old life. I'm not going to get into that here, because I'm not comfortable with putting that online, just yet. Maybe after college. I'll keep you updated.

Anyway, I'm taking an Effective Speaking course starting on Tuesday. The nice thing about this is that the admissions counselor that I've been working with is going to be the teacher. I really like how the school is set up. Not all of the teachers are "professors". Most are lay-people. They also have about a 50/50 population of traditional and non-traditional students. I feel like this is going to be a good thing for me, especially because I seem to get along with adults rather than kids my own age.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to starting class on Tuesday. I have my bag packed already. ;) I'm sure that it will be a great experience and I'll blog about it when I get home.

But, here's where it gets crazy. I'll have to have a real schedule for the first time in a while. I'm going to have things that I can't move around, so I'll have to schedule things around them. I don't know how well I'll be at this. But, I feel like I'm a pretty good organizer, so I'll have things in order. I hope. But, I'm staying positive. :)

I think that's all I have to say for now. If not, I'll edit this post and highlight where the edits are!

Type at you later!

Shea

No comments:

Post a Comment