Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My Reading Style AKA ULTIMATE BOOK TAG!

Hello all! I thought it would be fun for me to tell you guys a little bit more about my reading style. To fit this, I found the ULTIMATE BOOK TAG! (I found it on wattpad from the user DarkChickie). I hope you enjoy!

And now, onto the questions!!!!! :D

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?

I don't really know. I did as a kid and haven't tried it in a while. But with that being said, I don't travel very far very often. The furthest I travel is about an hour, and that's really early in the morning and I sleep on the way there.

2. Which author's writing style is unique to you?

I really like the writing style of Ellen Hopkins. If you don't know, she writes all of her books in verse. I've read only one other book written in verse (I don't remember the name of it... Sorry). But there is a lot of tough stuff in her books. So, I would watch some reviews if you could be triggered by suicide and mental illness. (Note: I've only read Rumble by her, but own three more of her books and they are on my TBR to read soon!)

3. Harry Potter or Twilight? Give three reasons why.

Harry Potter, le duh! And my reasons are in the words of Mr. Stephen King...

"Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend."

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what (besides books) do you keep in it?

I currently don't carry a book bag as of right now. But when I attended traditional school, I carried a Jansport that was purple with polka dots on it. Inside I didn't really keep anything besides school books and pencils and paper.... I'm kinda boring.

5. Do you smell your books?

Okay, if this was any other community this would be a weird question. But I know that most of us out there in the reading community smell our new books. C'mon, don't lie. You know you love the smell of a new book! :D

6. Books with or without illustrations?

I guess not. I haven't gotten onto the graphic novel band wagon and the other books with pictures that I like are like photographs. Not illustrations.

7. What book did you love whilst reading it, but later discovered the writing wasn't all that good?

This question made me laugh out loud. When I was in middle school, I LOVED The Clique Series by Lisi Harrison. Now looking back, I don't know why I liked it. It was really crap writing and had no real plot line. Oh well, it's in the past now.

8. Do you have any funny stories about books from your childhood? Please share?

I asked this directly to my mother. She said she has no idea and to ask my aunt instead. Thanks, mom.

9.  What is the thinnest book on your shelf?

No Jumping on the Bed by Tedd Arnold. And the best part? It's signed!

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?

Hmmm...... The Host by Stephanie Meyer, I believe.

11. Do you write as well as read?

I used to. I kind of fell out of practice I guess. That, or I have a giant writer's block!

12. When did you get into reading?

I started reading when I was about 5. But I didn't really start reading proactively until about fourth grade.

13. What is your favorite classic novel?

To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee and I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel!!!

14. In school, was your best subject English?

Of course!

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had already read and hated, what would you do?

Hmmm.... I don't know. Most of the books that I receive as presents, I picked out myself. So I've never had that kind of situation presented to me. I guess I would smile and say thank you. ;)

16. What is your favorite lesser known series?

The fairytale retellings by Alex Flinn. I don't know if that's considered a series or a set of companion novels, but they're awesome!

17. What is a bad habit (besides rambling) that you do while filming?

Filming? What is filming?

18. What is your favorite word?

I had to ask my mom for this one. And so she suggested to use a therapy technique. Oh mother...... :)

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!!

20. Vampires or Faires?

Hmmm... I haven't read many books about fae, so I don't think I'll be able to answer this one truthfully. At least, not yet. :)

21. Shapeshifters or Angels?

Same as the last question. Haven't read many books on either subject. So, I don't really know.

22. Spirits or Wearwolves?

Spirits.

23. Zombies or Vampires?

Vampires!

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?

Forbidden love! I love to find out how the lovers make their love work and how they stay together!

And FINALLY,

25. Romance or Action with romance sprinkled in?

I'm not a big Romance Girl, so Action! :)

I hope you guys enjoyed this! I'll have another post up soon!

Type at you later!

Shea

No comments:

Post a Comment