Monday, April 20, 2015

Book Problems TAG

Hello all! I'm bored, so I thought I would do another tag. :) Oh, the joys of being sick!

Anyway, today I am going to do the Book Problems Tag! (Originally created by About to Read on YouTube and I was not tagged. I thought this would just be fun to do as it is raining and I am sick. Lovely!)

Anyway, ON TO THE QUESTIONS!

1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR pile. How on Earth do you decide what to read next?

I think if I were ever faced with this problem, I would have to result in using my TBR jar. I am usually a mood reader, but I think this case would be perfect for the use of a TBR jar. But, writing/typing out all of those book titles to put into the jar would be a pain in the butt, don't you think?

2. You're halfway through a book and you're not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?

Hmmm.... Usually, I would DNF a book like that. Unless it's a book that I've been invested in and want to know how it ends. At a time like this, I would put the book aside and pick it up down the road  again.

3. It's the end of the year, and you're so close, yet so far from your GoodReads Reading Challenge. Do you try to catch up now?

This question makes me laugh because this very situation happened to me last year. In December, I was about eleven books away from my reading goal. I managed to finish it by plowing through a bunch of really awesome books! :D So, I guess the answer to this question would be that I would try to catch up.

4. The covers of a series you love do not match. How do you cope?

*Siiiiiiiigh* I am currently dealing with this situation right now with my Vampire Academy books. Most of my books are the ones with a person on the cover. But, I didn't have the complete series and when I went to my local Books-A-Million, they had the other covers. I don't really mind because they all have the same story in them, but I would like uniformity on my shelves. So, eventually I will pick up the other covers off of the Book Depository website or something like that. But for right now, I'm okay with it.

5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you hate. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?

In this case, I suppose I would find someone on GoodReads that has reviewed/rated the book same as I had and I would talk with them about it. And then try to avoid videos/blog posts mentioning the book at all costs! ;P

6. You're reading in public and you're about to start crying. How do you deal?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Public! You're so funny.

7. A sequel to a book you love is coming out, but you've forgotten the plot of the previous book. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on GoodReads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?!

This one's easy. I would re-read the previous book. If it's a book I love, why would I have a problem with re-reading it?

8. You do not want anyone, ANYONE, borrowing your books. How do you tell them no?

This is a hard one because I haven't had someone ask me to borrow my books (unless you count my mother, who lives in the same house as I do and I can keep an eye on my book.) I guess I would just ask them to be extra careful with them and if they ruin it, would they please replace it?

9. Reading ADD. You've picked up and put down five different books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?

Either read a book I know I love or watch tons of different reviews to find a new book that I know I'll love.

10. There are so many good books coming out that you want to read. How many do you actually buy?

I usually wait until they come onto BookOutlet or someone is selling one on Amazon or half.com at a really good price.

11. After you've bought the new books you can't wait to read, how long do they sit on your shelf before you actually read them?

Now, that depends on how many books I've actually bought. If I've only bought one or two books, I'll pick them up pretty much right away. If I've hauled a giant pile of books, they could sit on my shelves for weeks and months.

Well, I hope you liked this tag. I may or may not have another post up tomorrow. Sorry I didn't have a Beginning of the Week or End of the Week Update up this week. I wound up in the hospital with an infection, so I've been recovering. Nothing too serious. I'm fine and have been reading a lot. :)

I guess that's everything for now. I'm going to dive into Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick because I've got about 50 pages left and really want to finish it tonight!

Type at you later!

Shea

No comments:

Post a Comment