Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Musical Theater Book Tag

Hello all! I'm having a sick day (stomach virus... not fun!), so I thought I would post a Book Tag for ya'll! I googled Booktube tags and found the Musical Theater Tag. I'm a huge fan of musical theater, so I thought this might be a good one for me to do! I found this on the YouTube channel for somethinglikelydia. And now.... onto the questions!

1.) Wicked

What is your favorite fictional friendship?

The first one that comes to mind is, of course, Harry and Ron from the Harry Potter series. They have such a dynamic friendship that can be borderline bromance, but I love the way they interact with each other. I feel like they have a true knowledge of what friendship is, even though they both grew up with not many friends until they got to Hogwarts. :) I also feel that when they go periods of time not talking to each other, *cough* Goblet of Fire *cough*, their friendship is reaffirmed and is always stronger. 

2.) Sweeny Todd

Who is your favorite villain?

Hmmm..... Toughie. My first instinct is to say either Voldemort or Umbridge from the Harry Potter series, but I think that would open up the path to me answering all of these questions using Harry Potter characters! ;) My second instinct says to go with Elphaba from Wicked by Gregory Macguire. She's not really a villain, but she is supposedly "wicked".

3.) Phantom of the Opera

Favorite Love Triangle?

I'm going to go with the Edward/Bella/Jacob love triangle. Now, I have some legit reasons for this. Their love triangle was really the first one I encountered. It was right about the time I switched from reading Middle Grade novels to Young Adult novels. Their story just kind of sticks out in my head. I have to laugh because I used to always be #TeamEdward, but now that I'm older and realize that they didn't have the most ideal relationship, I am on #TeamJacob now. 

4.) The Lion King

Favorite Sidekick?

Ahren from The Heir. Again, not going to say much because it's such a new book. But I will say that he is very fond of his sister and has her best interests in mind.

5.) Greece

Least Favorite Ending?

Anything with a cliff-hanger that I have to wait for the next book to come out for a really really really long time. ;)

6.) Matilda: The Musical

Favorite Adaption of a Book?

I didn't want to repeat myself, but I love the Broadway show for Wicked. I love the music and they changed the story just enough to fit it for the stage, but not too much so as to take away the drama. And I recently heard that they're going to make a film adaption. However, I don't know if it's going to be an adaption of the book or the play. We'll have to see!

And lastly,

7.) Les Miserables

Favorite Death in a Book?

I'm going to have to say Indigo's from Dorothy Must Die. Don't want to say more than that because that is already spoilerey enough!

I hope you enjoyed this tag! I tag all of you!

For now, I'm going to eat some soup and then relax with a book. 

Type at you later!

Shea

No comments:

Post a Comment