Friday, June 12, 2015

Final Reflection: High School Experience

Hello all! By the time this post goes up, I will have finished all of my High School classes and their finals. I won't get my report card in the mail for about two weeks. I'm actually pretty glad to see High School end. If you know me, then you would know that I have been struggling with illness and anxiety through out my entire High School career. I've basically been doing homeschool since freshman year.

Anyway, I still managed to have a great High School experience. The home school program that I am a part of is actually through my school. So, I would have a teacher come out to my house, averaging three times a week. Since I was technically still part of the school, I was able to attend school functions. I picked and choose which ones I wanted to attend (plays, band concerts, ect.). I didn't attend any dances or proms or anything like that, but I'm not a huge dance person anyway.

In my freshman year of High School, our theater department put on Seussical the Musical. It was really a great show. It was so good in fact, that I downloaded the Original Broadway recording onto my iTunes list so I could listen to it over and over again. My sophomore year, we did Little Shop of Horrors. That one was funny, but not one of my favorites. My junior year (last year) we did Shrek: The Musical. And this year, we did The Sound of Music. I was able to go see all of those productions and see my friends perform in the shows. I wish I could have been up on stage with them, but I know I will have other opportunities to be on stage ;).

I only participated in one field trip in my entire High School career. When I took US History I, we went to Gettysburg, PA. The sad thing was that I wasn't able to go with my technical grade, but I did have a friend who was on the trip as well. That made the whole thing worth while.

While I didn't go on the Senior class trip to Florida, I was able to have a trip of my own down to Florida with my aunt and my brother over the week of my 18th birthday. That was better than I could have ever imagined. :)

I have the same group of friends as I did at the beginning of High School, as I didn't have the chance to make many new ones. But, I was able to get acquainted with some of my friends' friends. Not that I would have had a huge group of friends in High School, but I'm glad with the little group I have.

As for the SAT's, I am so glad I didn't take them. My anxiety level would have been off the charts. But, I did take the entrance exam to my college, which I passed with flying colors! :D

Some other things I accomplished in my High School career?

I made the Honor Roll throughout most of my report cards.
I attended Spirit Week and watched our Junior class win! (However, I had an extremely bad anxiety episode this year, and was not able to watch us take our two year title.)
I read over 100 novels! (Thought I would throw this one in here, as it is a book blog! ;))
I was admitted to the hospital for the first time, and had my appendix removed.
I made friends with some very special four-legged therapists.

Overall, I didn't have the ideal High School career, but the one I had suited me just fine. I wish my fellow Class of 2015 the best of luck in their future endeavors, and don't ever forget the time that was supposedly "The Best Years of Our Lives".

Congratulations Class of 2015.

We did it!

"It well may be, that we will never meet again in this lifetime, but let me say before we part, that so much of me, is made of what I've learned from you, you'll be with me, like a handprint on my heart."


No comments:

Post a Comment