Sunday, March 15, 2015

Movie Review: Cinderella

Guys, let me premise this by saying that this may be completely biased as Cinderella has been and will always be my favorite Disney Princess. :)

So, this weekend, I went to see the new live-action Cinderella movie. And it was AMAZING!!! I laughed, I cried. It was beautiful and totally renewed my childhood fantasy of wanting to attend a ball and wear an amazing dress! :)

The movie strayed a little from the original classic, but I expected that. But the things they added, may have made the film better. One of my favorite things that they changed was the way they set up the coach. They still used a pumpkin, but the pumpkin was in a green house. And when the pumpkin turned into a carriage...... let's just say the green house was no more.

Also, Helena Bonham Carter as the Fairy Godmother? Perfection! It's really kind of weird to see her as Bellatrix Lestrange and then see her in a ball gown and say Bibidi bobidi boo. :)

I don't want to give to much away, but the dress for the ball... was beautiful. It centered around butterflies, which are my favorite animals ever. The blue was just a perfect shade that made her eyes pop. I loved how the glass slippers looked. And the fact that they had a butterfly on the toe, just made it even more perfect.

I loved how they portrayed the mice. True, they didn't talk, but they still had so much character. Their shining moment came at the end when the prince was looking for Cinderella. I won't say much about that because it's something that they changed. But it really made me smile. :)

The ugly step-sisters were ugly. Their fashion statements were very questionable. Especially for people who claimed to be fashionable. :P

The only thing I wish there was more of was singing. They threw in a few songs, but I really was looking forward to hearing some of my favorites like, "A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes" and "Bibbidi bobidi boo". But the songs they threw in there were beautiful.

I give it a 5 out of 5 stars, would recommend all the way! I actually can't wait to see it again and will definitely be buying it when it comes out on DVD. And iTunes. And any other way I can support it!

I always wanted to be a princess, and now I want to be one even more.

Type at you later,

Shea

No comments:

Post a Comment